Saturday, February 4, 2012

Yet Another Strange and Beautiful Story

I... I don't know where to begin. I've been at a worship academy conference this weekend. I want to learn how to worship more authentically; I want my very life to be an act of worship.

Tonight a man who is visiting from Cardiff, Wales, prayed with me. He looked at me and said, "Anna... that's a beautiful name" (My nametag said "Annie"... how could he have known that God calls me "Anna"?)

He then looked me in the eye and said, "You don't need a university qualification to measure up with God." I was speechless. I struggle with feeling that I don't measure up and my biggest regret in life is that I don't have a university qualification. He couldn't possibly have known this, and yet... his words cut to the marrow of my soul. I felt as if God Himself was speaking to me.

God has been blowing my paradigm completely out of the water this week. Things that don't make sense are happening to me each day. I can't explain them or even comment on them except to say that God has my full attention and I am listening and aware with every fibre of my being.

My first name means "Grace" and my second name means "Pure". Pure Grace. I want to step into that name and wear it as though it were the most natural thing in the world. I want to be a reflection of Jesus. Every cell in my body cries out for this. Oh God, make me like You! Let me be an instrument of Grace that touches the world with Your love, that offers a cool, refreshing drink to those who are thirsty and that shares hope when all else points to despair.

I love Pretoria. I love South Africa. Thank You for bringing me here. I am blessed beyond words.

No comments: