Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I'll Be Home For Christmas...

...if only in my dreams"

I was fine, I was doing really well, until I decided to play a Christmas album to get into the Christmas spirit, since it's hot and summer and not at all Christmas-y. When the song, "I'll be Home for Christmas" came on, I lost it. Funny how a song is suddenly applicable after years and years of ignoring it.

I miss my family and friends terribly. I miss cranberry sauce and singing Christmas carols in church all month long and eggnog lattes. I even miss the California fog. I'm sitting here with my "cool drink", wearing flip flops and dodging neighbourhood children who keep running through our house in swimsuits, leaving trails of dripping water and melted popsicle.

For all of you who have touched our lives indelibly, we wish you a blessed Christmas. We will be celebrating with you in spirit, here on the other side of the world. You are loved and missed.

2 comments:

Shawn Stutz said...

You guys are missed! Merry Christmas too.

KonaJeff said...

Hi Angela,

We missed seeing you, too! Grandma had a great time with us in San Diego.

Thanks for setting-up the blog to keep us informed of what's happening!

Blessings to you,
Jeff