Monday, November 24, 2008

Two Random Stories

  • Today at lunch Lucy randomly asked, "What's a glutton?" I told her a glutton is someone who loves food so much that they become addicted to it and eat even when they're not hungry, as food becomes something they love more than anything else. She said, "Well then it's a good things these crackers are glutton-free!" I was a bit confused until I looked at the box of crackers - rice crackers - that said "gluten-free". I had to keep myself from laughing out loud! I suppose that rice crackers really aren't on top of the desirable food list, so in a way they probably are glutton-free!
  • I wanted to make beef stroganoff for dinner tonight. I had great plans for a nice dinner. As luck would have it, the store was out of both mushrooms AND sour cream, so now we're just having beef without the stroganoff.
Ah, Africa... the only place in the world where you can eat glutton-free crackers and mushroom-less, sour cream-less beef stroganoff. And I actually think this is funny, so maybe I'm finally learning to be flexible! (See mom? There's still hope for me!)

No comments: