I've been thinking about him for several weeks now, and it occurred to me that perhaps we are like spices and God is like a master spice mixer:
- Spices bring out and enhance the flavour of food. God uses us to enhance and bring out the best in others.
- Several spices have to be crushed to release their aroma. Sometimes God allows us to be broken (ever think about what fragrance is released from your life when you're wounded?).
- Curry powder is a mix of many different spices, combined in various proportions. God places us in diverse communities to complement one another.
- In order to make a brilliant curry powder, one must add chilli. Sometimes, in order to refine us, God turns up the heat in life.
- I asked the spice mixer for a little bit. He filled my spice jars to overflowing. Sometimes God does that, too.