Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fly Like the Wind, Ben

This is Ben having his first motorcycle ride with my friend Jane's brother, Hamish. Ben was laughing like a girl the whole time. I love the smiles on both of their faces.

Feeling the wind on your face, the feeling of flying, laughing like a girl.... there's nothing like the simple pleasures in life. These are things that money can't buy, and these are the things that make fantastic memories.

Memories are a strange thing. We hold dear the memories of those we left behind - family, friends, places - and we are creating new memories here in South Africa. The new ones I can't share with those I left behind, and they in turn have gone on to create memories in our absence. It is a segmented feeling at best, and yet, my life is richer for having experiences in both countries.

No comments: