Monday, December 7, 2009

Restaurant Review

Tonight I went on a date with my husband. I love dressing up and feeling like we're kids again. We went to Lekgotla in Johannesburg, my favourite restaurant.

I have often thought that being a food critic would be a great job, but then, I don't think I could find much to criticise. I just love trying new foods.

Lekgotla is in Nelson Mandela Square next to Sandton City, and if you've never been, you are missing out on some amazing African cuisine. Dan had springbok medallions encrusted in Ethiopian coffee. I had crocodile meat in a creamy mango curry. And for dessert, amarula parfait.

It was a perfect summer evening in the highveld - light breeze, warm, beautiful sunset - and I was wearing my cute black dress. Dan dressed up Jo'burg-style in his smart clothes, and I must say it felt like we were lovebirds that had just started dating.

Oh, to be in love in South Africa... it was an absolutely magical evening.

No comments: