Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Take it All Back

Yesterday, while I was driving and stopped at a robot, I actually gave money to a beggar. But let me back up a bit.

There is a category of street hawker that I haven't told you about yet. It's young men who dress up in the most outrageous costumes and try to collect money for one of two reasons: a sports tournament (usually rugby), or their upcoming marriage (in which case their friends dress them up and make them beg as part of their bachelor party).

Yesterday a young rugby player came up to my car wearing nothing but a woman's tank top (three sizes too small), his underwear and fish net stockings. I figure that anyone who is brave enough to wear that in public deserves R5! And I sincerely hope he raised the money he needed in one day because if he goes around wearing that too much longer he's going to cause an accident - the image of his grey jockeys squished underneath fish net stockings is...

(I'm actually at a loss for words, so I think I'll sign off and laugh now)...

No comments: