Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Lesson Learned (well, Learn-ING)

One thing I've been learning lately is that while I believe God and His Word, I don't often live like I believe it. For instance, I'll often pray about a situation and then worry about it all day! How silly is that?!

I've decided to make a conscious effort to live like I believe God, to live in such a way that my actions reflect my prayers, whether it's stepping out in faith, finding joy in times of waiting, or leaving things in God's hands and trusting Him for the outcome. If it's a battle I need to fight, then I need to fight knowing that my God is bigger than anything satan can throw my way. If it's speaking the truth in love, then I need not fear the outcome. If it's just walking with God hand in hand, taking the long way around the mountain, then I need to enjoy the hike and live in the moment, not worry about what's around the bend or hiding behind trees.

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?.... But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness...." - Matthew 6:27, 33

3 comments:

Chris said...

Awesome!!

Sheila P said...

Hi,
Thank you so much for those challenging words of wisdom! I have so much enjoyed reading your blog this month, and I've had a good laugh at some of your experiences! It's very interesting to read of the things you find different and unusual in South Africa. Even those of us who have lived here all our lives are puzzled by the logic of the procedures we sometimes have to follow!
God bless!

Anna said...

Thanks, Sheila. I'm sure it must be funny to you, the things that are strange to me here. I hope I have never been offensive; we really do love South Africa. It's a great country. (yes, I know it has some challenges, but every country does) Thanks for reading my blog, it's nice to hear a South African perspective! - Annie