Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thoughts on Disappointment

"I asked him how he kept such a good attitude all of the time with so many people abusing his kindness. Bill set down his coffee and looked me in the eye. 'Don,' he said, 'If we are not willing to wake up in the morning and die to ourselves, perhaps we should ask ourselves whether or not we are really following Jesus.' " - Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz

Do you ever feel disappointed because you were looking forward to something and then it didn't come to pass? That's how I felt today. I was SO disappointed, but then I read this quote and had to ask myself: Do I want what I want more than what God wants? Will I relinquish my will for God's?

I am challenged once again to die to myself and my desires each day, knowing deep down that God's plans always turn out way better than mine!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Amen... I needed to hear that today; thanks, Annie! Hope you guys are well & hope we get to see you here at Pangani again before we leave mid-Nov... this year has flown!!