Wednesday, July 1, 2009

And Before You Know It....

Culture has a way of sneaking up on you. I think I'm slowly turning into a South African because:
  1. I got really, REALLY excited about the new boerewors-flavoured potato chips!
  2. I watched half of the Confederations Cup final before I realised the commentators weren't speaking English.
  3. Pap and wors always sound good to me.
  4. I say "Ag, shame" way more than I should.
  5. It's 13 degrees Celcius inside my house and I'm only wearing a t-shirt.
  6. I actually felt bad when Bafana Bafana lost.
  7. I recognised that the pan flute guy at the shopping mall was playing Laurika Rauch songs.
  8. I survived a dust storm in the Free State.
  9. I think blood substitutions in rugby are almost as exciting as ice hockey.
  10. I know what's actually in Monkey Gland sauce!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still have no idea what Monkey Gland sauce really is. As a small child it used to creep me out when I saw it on the menu at take-aways.

I love that you say 'ag, shame'! I'm still trying to teach my friends the utility of this fun expression.

Happy 4th of July to you!