Sunday, September 27, 2009

This is the Girl...

This is the girl who:
  • walks around the house singing "Here Comes the Braai"
  • tried to teach her seven-year-old brother chord inversions on the piano
  • can find the loophole in any given argument
  • thinks Jonas Salk got a bum deal because Louis Pasteur won a Nobel Prize for "figuring out how to clean milk and other stuff", while Jonas Salk "invented the polio vaccine and didn't win anything."
  • received a term mark of 99% in Economic and Management Sciences
  • refers to her left nostril as "Reginald" and her right nostril as "Beatrice" (and then informed me that Reginald was not cooperating today as he's rather stuffy.)
  • chose Ruby Bridges for the subject of her Hero Speech because "she prayed for the people who were mean to her."
I never, never imagined that having kids could be so wonderful. And the truth is, I think that the soul of a Nobel Laureate lies in each one of us. Everyone is great at something, no matter who they are or where they come from. May we encourage that greatness.

2 comments:

beti said...

AWESOME!! L is one amazing young lady! give her an extra hug from me today. :) missing you guys!

HC1MN said...

What creative way did L explain chord inversions to B? I teach this concept to all my piano students. I'd love to hear L's instruction on the subject. Mum