Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Judgment Seat of Chrysler


Last week, after we dropped the kids off at school, Dan and I were driving to work when my seat got hot. Really hot. I had a bit of a panic and said, "Dan! I think there's a fire underneath the car and it's coming up through my seat!" He looked over in alarm, looked down, gave me one of those "You're such a woman" looks and said, "Your seat warmer is turned on."

First of all, I didn't know our van *had* a seat warmer (come on, this is Africa!). Secondly, it's summer; my seat is plenty warm already! Turns out, because our van is an old embassy van, it has some extra gadgets. My empty coffee cup had tipped over and banged against the seat warmer button, turning it on. Who knew??

This is a good thing, though, despite the fact that my bum is still pink. I'm now waiting in eager anticipation for my coffee cup to fall over again and find the batmobile button which unveils wings and turbo boosters...

2 comments:

equichick8 said...

Our VW Golf has the most awesome cup holder. you push a bar in the console and slowly and deliberately two cup holders appear out of nowhere. It's very James Bond.

I enjoy such fun surprises, don't you?

adina

Anna said...

Yes, Adina (James Bond girl!), except when they leave me feeling like a toasted marshmallow! Our van is sadly lacking in cup holders, which probably explains why my coffee mug keeps falling over...