Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Week in Numbers

Certified documents required to renew my son's passport: 7
People living in my house: 8
Stomach flu victims, also in my house: 3
Groups on strike: 2 (garbage collectors and school buses)
Garbage piling up: a lot
Children who must find other means of transport from school: also a lot
Sinkfuls of dishes washed: 21
Loads of laundry: 8
Culture shock moments: 1 (no mustard on hamburgers... ever)
Orphan profiles completed: 48
Measure of gratitude for all that I have: innumerable
People I miss in California: 5,000??
Love for South Africa: an INCREDIBLE incalculable amount!

1 comment:

Laura said...

8 people living in your house? Just visitors, or do you have more people actually living there? Sounds very full... and wow, 21 sinks of dishes. I hope you had help(?)! Fun reading your blogs!!