Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to the Coolest Woman I Know

This is a photo of my mom, myself and my grandma. Today is my Grandma's 90th birthday. My grandma is one of the coolest ladies I know. For as long as I can remember, she's had a sense of adventure and a twinkle in her eyes.

Grandma learned to swim when she was 79 years old so that she could go snorkeling, something she had always wanted to do. In her 80's she went parasailing. Now, she's threatening to go sky-diving. I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

I suppose Grandma has her faults, just like anyone else, but still... if I can be anything like her when I'm her age, I'll consider myself truly blessed.

Happy Birthday, Grandma! I love you!

3 comments:

KonaJeff said...

Hey Angela, it was great talking with you and the family last night! I totally agree with your thoughts on this post. The older mom gets, the more inspirational I find her to be. Life, as God gives it to us, is an adventure to live and explore. She's definitely not done doing that! I, too, hope I will still find life to be an adventure if I get near to her age.

Jeff

wakeupcowboys said...

It's so true. Your grandma is one of the most inspirational women I've met. How God has blessed you to have her in your life.

Nikita said...

Congrats to such a great lady!