Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Postive Side of a Broken Down Car

Since last Easter - nearly one year ago - our car has been in the garage (at the mechanic's) at least 20 times. We have actually stopped counting. And we would sell it, but... for complicated reasons (and a long story) we can't. So we grit our teeth, and about every two weeks the van goes back to Sergei, who knows us by face, name, and nearly everything else at this point!

This time, however, while our van was with Sergei, we got to borrow a Land Rover. I love Land Rovers. There's something about driving a Land Rover in Africa that is just... it leaves me speechless, actually. But it awakens this sense of adventure in me that I can hardly stifle.

I decided to have a little fun and dress up in the style of a 1930's Hollywood movie star and take some photos. I don't think I've ever been so happy that my car broke down, which means I should probably focus on the positive side of things more often, eh? "When life gives you lemons, dress up and pose in a Land Rover!"