- Keep in mind your doctor sees naked, and sometimes extremely unattractive, people every day.
- If you have gonorrhea, you are probably the third case of the day. Besides, in a fortnight your doctor will confuse you with the teacher who is suffering from anemia.
- You do NOT have to tell the receptionist that you have a boil on your bottom. Be firm, even if she asks.
- Go first thing in the morning; otherwise you will obsess about it all day.
- If the doctor feels you deserve a lecture, chances are you do. Smile, nod and sit through it.
- Wear the kind of underwear that would have been appropriate swimwear forty years ago.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Laughter is Good Medicine, Part II
I love medical aid here in South Africa. They send these newsletters every few months that are so full of "helpful information" I can't stop laughing. Today's topic was "Getting Over the Embarrassment of Seeing the Doc." Here are the main points of the article: