I propose to you a new list –
How to Return the Domesticated to Their Exotic State of Being: A Step-By-Step Guide
1. Remove all cages, boxes, and man-made constraints.
2. See it as inherently valuable and extraordinary by its mere existence.
3. Ask yourself, “What can I learn from it?” Put yourself in the position of an eager student.
4. Learn to be comfortable with that which is different.
5. Value every encounter as a sacred encounter, something that has the potential to change your life forever.
6. Appreciate it for who or what it is, not for what it can do for you. In fact, don’t even begin to analyse its usefulness to you.
7. Have no expectation that it will be there tomorrow, for tomorrow is not guaranteed. Therefore, consider every interaction with it to be a precious treasure that you guard carefully.8. Remove the word “just” from your vocabulary. Nothing - and no one - is ever “just” this or that. A piece of paper is not “just” a piece of paper: it has endless possibilities, from becoming a medium in which to write down thoughts and ideas to becoming a bird, even a bird that can fly.
9. Look for the Divine fingerprints on it, remembering that there are Divine fingerprints all over you as well. Try and figure that one out and when you can’t, marvel and laugh at a Plan that is greater than you could ever imagine.