Friday, March 28, 2008

Don't Try This At Home



Okay, so I blew up the microwave, but it was an accident! Lucy wanted to decorate some eggs using a marbled wax technique. The instructions said to pour boiling water over crayon shavings to melt the wax. I did. It didn't work. So I tried to melt the wax in the microwave. Turns out crayon wax is flammable (who knew?), and there is a fine line between "melting" and "nuclear meltdown".

Dan thought it was so funny he had to email photos to everyone, saying "Look what my wife did!" Me, I've been scraping wax off the microwave walls for two straight days. Yesterday Dan was gleefully researching "solvents that melt wax" on the internet.

I've decided to post pictures of my mishap, before Dan emails all of you! Enjoy a laugh at my expense... it's on the house today (but I think he's getting a little too much enjoyment out of this, don't you?).

3 comments:

ROSIE said...

No laughs at your expense, dear Annie...but it does take me back to the days of burning Teddy Grahams at the stake and other strange experiments in Mom's microwave!

kel said...

the thought of you trying to clean that up wears me out. please, please treat yourself to a new microwave! call it a picture of Grace.

Anna said...

Yes... four days without a microwave... how did life exist without microwaves? I'm considering taking your advise, Kel! - Annie