Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oh Be Careful Little Hands...

....what you blog!

Yesterday, no sooner had I typed my blog, confessing my need to let go of my schedule, etc. etc.... the Lord gave me an opportunity to practise what I preach. Yup. Load shedding kicked in. Only we got hit three times yesterday, as no matter where we went, it followed us.

Emma had a field trip to the cultural museum yesterday. While the kids were in the Egyptian mummy exhibit, the power went out (everyone has to do their "time" with scheduled power outages of 2-4 hours). The Grade 4 girls were screaming, which I think is funny because Emma was complaining that everything was a replica and that there were no "real" historical artifacts. I mean, it's one thing if it's pitch black and you're surrounded by "real" Egyptian mummies, but when it's just a bunch of mummy "replicas", well, it loses some of the glamour! The kids had to end their trip early and go back to school. Meanwhile, back at the office....

The power went out, and came on just after lunch. "After lunch" is when I go home, so just as the power came back on, I went home, where the power went off! Six hours later it finally came back on, only to go off again thirty minutes later. So the laundry didn't get done, dinner didn't get cooked, emails didn't get written, and baths weren't taken (no hot water by that point). I was really grumbling ("it's only supposed to be 2-4 hours!") when the Lord reminded me, "Remember that blog you wrote this morning?" Ummm, yeah..... can I take it back?? (Just kidding!) I realised that only too often I need to take a good dose of my own medicine! It is easy to "say" things, but to "do" them is another story.

Anyway, it's good to be back online! No more mummy replicas, dinner replicas, email replicas or bath replicas... I can do the real thing! Speaking of food, it's lunchtime. See you tomorrow (if we have power, that is)!

No comments: