Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Potato Chip Theory #2

I've always said that you can tell a lot about a country by its potato chip flavours. That was theory #1. My newest theory is this:

Every South African potato chip flavour has chili in it. Sweet Chili, Thai Chili, Sour Cream and Chili, Fiery HabaƱero Chili, Cheese and Chili, Spring Onion and Chili.... it reminds me of the list of shrimp dishes in Forrest Gump.

Mind you, I like chili, so this is not a problem, but in my perfect world, Cool Ranch Doritos would cross the Atlantic.

5 comments:

:o) Rachel said...

Isn't Sharon your mil? My sil was named after her. :o) I think my hubby was friends with your hubby when they were young... but I think Jens was the one he remembered best. Mark is your hubby's friend on fb...I think that is how I found your blog. I've been praying for you all!

Unknown said...

Have you tried Niknaks? That's my favorite - wish we can find a way to import *that* to the US!

Anna said...

Have you tried Cheetos? Aren't they like Nik Naks?

I'll send you Nik Naks if you send me Cool Ranch Doritos!!

Unknown said...

Yes, but they're not cheesy enough :)

Darrin said...

Love love love the chinese chutney flavour!! Niks Naks is the best try it and Flings!