Monday, November 2, 2009

Purple Purple Everywhere!

Most of you probably know that Pretoria is called the Jacaranda City and that Jacaranda trees are originally from Brazil; they're not native to South Africa. But what you don't know is what the street I work on looks like at this time of year, so without further ado, I present the view from my office window:

I love it how, when the blossoms fall, they create a carpet of purple that covers the red soil. It's such a beautiful contrast. Unfortunately, the colour of Jacaranda blossoms is one that is nearly impossible to capture on camera. So if you want to see what they really look like, I suggest that you buy tickets for next year's World Cup and then stay for four extra months! (I'm serious, by the way)

2 comments:

marie said...

Angela.....Marie wrote such a nice note and then in the transaction to google etc. we lost it.....bummer. but we loved your blog and we will be reading it often. much love
marie (and em)

Michael said...

good to see you enjoying yourself:)