Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Small Taste of Heaven

I love love LOVE what I do. I'm getting ready for a Christmas concert next Friday and Saturday at Hatfield Christian Church in Pretoria. I'm in the choir, and the orchestra is made up largely of Pretoria Symphony members. There's also dance, drama and video, but what's really cool about the whole production are the people.

Our church is extremely multi-cultural. At rehearsal tonight there were people from Kenya, Zimbabwe, Holland, Namibia, Brazil, Germany and the U.S. Of the South Africans, just about every culture is represented as well - Afrikaans, English, Zulu, Xhosa, Tswana, Sotho, etc. We all come from such different backgrounds and bring something unique to the table, so to speak.

I just got home from rehearsal - it's ridiculously late and I have to get up early in the morning, but I'm dancing in my seat as I type. I love music, and though I sometimes feel like an outsider here, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world.

3 comments:

A. Christine said...

that sounds so amazing!! what an incredible experience to have!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That was my old church, from there we moved on to Doxa Deo - and we have a campus here in London too and they started a campus in the US too. Give it a try one Sunday. Do enjoy!