Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Tip My Hat to You

"It seemed like a dream, too good to be true... we were the talk of the nations... God was wonderful to us... And now God, do it again - bring rains to our drought-stricken lives so those who planted their crops in despair will shout hurrahs at the harvest, so those who went off with heavy hearts will come home laughing, with armloads of blessing." - excerpts from Psalm 126, The Message

I was really struck by the phrase "those who planted their crops in despair." I imagine it must take a tremendous amount of courage to keep going - to "plant your crops" - when you've lost hope. Personally, I have the tendency to give up, hide under my pillow and indulge in one huge pity party. But to get up, keep going, persevere, even though all hope is gone and the odds are stacked against you... that takes guts.

For those of you who are persevering despite what your circumstances tell you, who keep their eyes on Jesus even though all else would tell you to give up.... for you I am giving a standing ovation. And I have no doubt - NO doubt - that one day you will come home laughing, carrying armloads of blessing. Here's to the future harvest.

No comments: