Monday, February 15, 2010

War of the Hoses, Part 2

A while back I wrote about our back neighbours who like spraying us with water from a hosepipe over the wall. Lately, though, they've found new ways to torment us.

Someone bought our neighbour's children a vuvuzela (if you don't know what that is, imagine a long, plastic trumpet-thing that sounds like a goat giving birth). Every night, just as I am drifting off to sleep, the horn of the vuvuzela appears over our wall and blasts a lovely good-night call to us. Then, just before my alarm goes off in the morning, I am awakened by a vuvuzela reveille (I *almost* don't need to set my alarm).

I do not know what we have done to incur such punishment from our neighbour's children, but honestly, I'm starting to feel like I live in Jericho.

All I can say is, if they start marching around our house, I'm hanging a red cord out of my bedroom window!

No comments: