Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Power of One Life

How does a tender plant, which one could easily pick or crush, push its way up through hard cement to triumphantly display its tender shoots to the world? How does the cement, which is stronger, larger and unmatched in power, crack and yield to such a fragile thing? The only answer I can come up with is this: perseverance.

If you see one daisy in a meadow of flowers, you might not think it so beautiful, though each flower is beautiful in its own right. But to see a solitary flower blooming through a crack in the cement.... you stop, take notice, marvel at nature's tenacity. It stands out because it blooms in such unlikely circumstances.

So to you I say - whatever mountain lies in your path, persevere. If God has called you to a task, do not lose heart. One day that cement will crack. Bloom, my friend.

"...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..." - Hebrews 12:1-2

4 comments:

jane said...

Its so cool that you can see beauty everywhere my friend. Its a part of what makes you so special. Thank you

Heath Rumble said...

Where did you get this picture? If you took it yourself, could I get your permission to use it in a poster for a short film I'm making. I can send you the script and production info if you'd like. My e-mail is heath.rumble@gmail.com. Let me know. Thanks!

Heath Rumble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

I'm so sorry, but I didn't take that photo. Good luck with your short film!