Monday, August 4, 2008

No Matter How Old You Are...


... you never outgrow the need for your mom!

My mom sent me a box last week (how lucky am I?) with some of my favourite sweets and things from the U.S. Also in the box was some flu medicine, which I secretly hoped I would never need! Guess what? Yesterday I came down with a nasty flu. I was in bed all day when I remembered, "Hey! Mom sent some flu medicine!" Opening the bottle was like receiving a long-distance hug (okay, so that sounds corny, but it's true! Getting something in the mail from mom is such a treat, even if it is flu medicine!)

Today I am feeling much better, and I am reminded once again that we never outgrow our need for mom's touch. SO.... thanks for your foresight, Mom! I feel loved!

1 comment:

jane said...

Be blessed for the blessing that you are. Your kids have a wonderful Mom. A Mom's influence is immeasureable.