Saturday, August 16, 2008

You Know it's Going to be a Long Day....

... when you're daughter is sick throwing up, and while you're cleaning up the mess your son comes running in the house screaming "MOMMY!!" because he split his knee open... again... in the exact same spot, and there's a flap of skin hanging off his knee which you have to cut off because your husband is gone with the pastor from Mozambique who's staying in your spare bedroom which reminds you that you have to plan meals and cook and actually do your hair because you have company. (Breathe...)

"All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:16

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." - Phil. 4:13

3 comments:

Sheila P said...

What a day you've had! Continue to find your strength and encouragement in God's Word! Praying for you, and still enjoying reading your blog entries. Dan's photo's are amazing!

ROSIE said...

Oh sweet sister! I wish I could come over to help you cook dinner and be an extra pair of hands to accomplish what you need to get done and help care for everyone...and to give you a hug, too!!!

Love,
Rosie

Anonymous said...

ahhh... that good ol' maternal triage!

whenever it happens, I always remember I could have settled for a career, but why when I can have this and this is what I've always wanted!

Oh and this is what ponytails were made for.. just make it fancier...

Hope your growing ones are feeling better!