Saturday, May 23, 2009

Family Fun, Erickson Style

After a stressful week, we decided that we needed to do something fun as a family. We ended up deciding to have a fun competition to see who could get the coolest thing at the local flea market for R20 or less (about $2.25). We split up and had 40 minutes to scour the market.

Here's what we ended up with:
  • Ben (age 7) - several sheets of stickers
  • Lucy (age 9) - a feathered mask, two glass slippers and a toy car
  • Emma (age 11) - a pair of soft, fuzzy socks
  • me - two Madagascar hissing cockroaches
  • Dan - a wooden model kit of a toilet
I had one of those "I've never said that sentence before in my life!" moments ("Guess what I bought!"), but the problem is, now there are two giant cockroaches in my house. So Emma donated one of her Polly Pocket dolls, and we reenacted a Japanese Monster Movie, South African-style. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.

2 comments:

beti said...

we have need to hire you as our family activity director! fun and creative! (I take it that you won that little competition?)

Anna said...

Yes, yes I did. (hee hee)