Monday, May 18, 2009

A Magical Moment

Yesterday I had one of those memorable church experiences - the kind I hope I will remember for years to come.

It might have had something to do with the ladies doing a spontaneous ululation when they announced the upcoming women's conference (I don't know how they do it; my tongue just does not move that fast!). Or it may have been the special guest from South Korea who played "How Great Thou Art" on a saw with a violin bow. Or it might have been the bikers wearing black leather who gave her a standing ovation. Or the Nigerian in traditional dress next to them who did the same.

It was one of those services where you might come in as a banker or a construction worker, a maid or a doctor, rich or poor, Zulu or Afrikaans, but during the course of the service all the labels we put on each other quietly slipped off, and we left as human beings - brothers and sisters - side by side on a journey to becoming like Jesus.

1 comment:

beti said...

I love this!!!