Monday, January 25, 2010

How I Spent My Time

In case you've been wondering where I've been the last week, my internet connection was down. The first two days I nearly went ballistic, and after that I decided that no amount of frustration was going to change the situation so I may as well have some fun. I decided to do a mini-anthropological study on myself (if that's possible) to see how I spent my extra time. Here's what I did:
  • I read more
  • I talked with my children more
  • I drank my coffee on the couch instead of at the computer desk
  • I took walks
  • I noticed that red bishops always land on the highest, most visible branch of the tree outside my front window.
  • I took time to be silent and to just think
I have to say, I am happy to be connected once again to the outside world, but I also realised that I don't spend enough time thinking. Not filling my mind with other peoples' ideas, but formulating my own based on what I've learned and experienced.

I've only been back online for a day now, and I'm actually thinking about limiting my computer time. We'll see how it goes...