Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Garden is Hot!

Earlier in the year I decided to plant a vegetable garden. I do not have a passion for gardening, but I thought it would be cheaper, healthier and perhaps even a bit rewarding to grow my own vegetables.

Then we flew to California for Christmas and I completely missed the harvest of my vegetables (so much for grand ideas).

Upon my return I was hoping - really hoping - that there would be something in my garden to enjoy. I managed to find one sweet pepper, two small bunches of spinach, no onions (why didn't they like me?), a bunch of stubby little carrots and get this - 227 chillis.

I do not understand nature.

2 comments:

KonaJeff said...

Hi Angela,

This is really funny! Thanks for writing it!!

Uncle Jeff

equichick8 said...

Careful Angela,
those chilis will just keep producing if you don't pull them out. Mine can go all winter here in N. California if they live in a sunny spot.