Monday, January 11, 2010

Things That Should Never Be Served on an Aeroplane


  1. eggs (they stink up the plane and have a rather strange texture)
  2. fish (same reason)
  3. smoked salmon on cold pasta (ditto!)
  4. mint-flavoured tiramisu (bad idea all around... don't mess with the original)
  5. croissants (because aeroplane croissants will never be light, fluffy, buttery, or warm)
  6. broccoli (because broccoli is supposed to be green)
  7. moldy moist towlettes (because those are not supposed to be green)
Some foods were just not meant to be mass-produced.

3 comments:

Cathy Liggett said...

Hi, Annie! Now that we're on the same continent... :) I don't know if you remember but last year I contacted you for help in describing hospitals in Pretoria for a book I was writing. That book is being released in March from Tyndale. I'd love to send you a copy with my thanks. If that works for you, you can email me privately at clig@fuse.net with an address -- or I just got my new website together (sort of :) it's www.cathyliggett.com. You can contact me there. Thank you again, Annie, for your help. Hope you enjoy your visit!! Cathy

Anonymous said...

I still love your blog! And they way you describe things back in SA! Which airliner did you use to fly back? I saw SAA is rated as a 4 star!

Interesting about this writer. Which hospitals did you describe? Hopefully not the Pretoria Academic hospital - which was once top class - in the 70's - but down the drain nowadays. Sad, but true

Anna said...

Hi! We used SAA for part of the journey; they were great.

No, it wasn't Pretoria Academic (which is called Steve Biko Academic Hospital nowadays). I've heard too many stories of bad experiences there. It is sad that it wasn't what it used to be. Perhaps there is hope that it can become great once again; there is certainly the potential.