Saturday, April 17, 2010

Birthday Party Hangover

Yesterday was my daughter's 12th birthday. To celebrate, she invited five of her friends to a sleepover at our house.

I understand now that the word "sleepover" is a misnomer. Girls don't actually sleep at sleepovers. The goal, apparently, is to stay up all night giggling, talking, watching movies, and to leave a trail of nail varnish and popcorn through the house.

And THEN, when they finally fell asleep, they still woke up at the crack of dawn! I cooked, I cleaned, I entertained, I let them give me a makeover (I looked like the Bride of Frankenstein), I jumped on the trampoline with them, and now...

I just want my bed. And my teddy bear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats with her birthday! You should have posted your makeover here too :)

wakeupcowboys said...

I, too, would like to see the makeover.