Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Sandwiches... With a Twist

I've had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and peanut butter and honey sandwiches. But my friends here in South Africa have taken it to new levels. Here are some of their favourites:
  • peanut butter and butter
  • peanut butter and golden syrup
  • peanut butter and fresh mango slices
  • peanut butter, golden syrup and cheddar cheese slices
I am curious now about peanut butter sandwiches around the world. If you have any contributions, let me know!

4 comments:

krisnsean said...

Wow, I don't know about the double "butter" combo, but the mango option sounds fun! I think we'll try it. :)

Anonymous said...

peanutbutter and banana! and with mango...no...please! not for me...lol!
*peanutbutter+syrup..tick
*peanutbutter+honey ..tick
*peanutbutter+jam (apricot for me)...tick
...nothing else..none of the "weir" combinations...lol

syrup+cheese = tick
honey+cheese = tick
but not peanutbutter+cheese

When I was my first year at SecSchool, I was in a hostel for a term and saw really weir combinations...this one was the weirdest
breakfast: porridge+milk+slice of bread with peanutbutter ...all together... ;)

Anonymous said...

sorry, why did I not add my "d" to weird...that IS weird...lol

Anonymous said...

oh yes, of course peanutbutter+butter...i butter always my bread before putting anything to it...so it's not really peanutbutter+butter..bread will be "dry" if not buttered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dByOBMZ_Bhw&

See this video of dr Seuss...showed the video always to my Gr3's when I was in SA...couldn't help to post it here... ;)