Wednesday, April 7, 2010

More Thoughts on Missing Family

So... back to Easter. As you know I was having a pity part, missing my family. I told God the night before Easter, "I just want the whole world to show up my doorstep for a big, loud, happy Easter braai. We will dirty every dish in the house and for those few hours, we will be family for each other."

Would you believe me if I told you God actually answered my prayer? Seven people came over, four of whom I had never met. One of them even said, "We'll be family for you today." And while we didn't dirty every dish in the house, we came close. We made a huge mess, we laughed, we had great conversations, and it was a dream come true.

Why do we feel so amazed when God answers our prayers? Maybe He doesn't always answer them in the way that we would like, but I think He does always answer them. Or do we not actually believe that He loves and cares for us, that He wants to surprise us by His love rather than beat us over the head? When He provides the very thing we ask for, why are we shocked?

I think God has a lot of patience to put up with us.

1 comment:

wakeupcowboys said...

So happy to know what you did on Easter. God is such a creative wonder in our lives.