Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thoughts on Spider Legs

I've been thinking a lot about spiders today, probably because my daughter got bitten by one and her leg is swollen and quite sore.

I really don't like spiders. I don't mind rats, mice, snakes, lizards or even beetles, but spiders... no thank you. However, I was struck today by the thought that while all spiders have eight legs, spider legs are so incredibly varied. Some spiders have four legs pointing forwards and four legs pointing backwards. Some have legs evenly spaced in a circle. Some spiders have flat legs, some have bendy legs. Some spiders have hairy legs, while others have smooth legs. Some have striped legs. Some spiders have pairs of legs longer than others.

As much as I don't appreciate spiders, this says something of God's creativity. He could have just made standard spider legs - one model fits all - but instead He was incredibly artistic and ingenius. And if God is like that with something as small and seemingly insignificant as spider legs, then I am excited to know more of Him and how He is with the "bigger" things in life.

1 comment:

wakeupcowboys said...

Like MY legs.

I noticed the artistic markings on the antennae of a large, black spider on our living room wall the other day. Stunning! Dad caught it and put it on my roses. These spiders are sooo good for my roses.