Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yet...

  • Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? So do not worry... your Father knows... - Matt. 6:27, 31, 32
  • Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you... that your faith may not fail. - Luke 22:31-32
  • I am going to do something in your day that you would not believe even if you were told. - Hab. 1:5
So many Scriptures echo through my mind. I am heart sore over the stolen car. It was new (to us) and we only had it for five days before it was stolen. We prayed so long to have a reliable car that would get us around town, go easy on fuel consumption, and not be in the garage every two weeks in need of repair like our old car.

I know it's just a car, I know that people are more important than things, I know that there is still so very much to be thankful for. And I really am trying to keep that in perspective. But today I just hurt. And since I am not feeling very eloquent, let me end with another Scripture that aptly describes my mood today:

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Saviour." - Habakkuk 3:17-18

Give me strength for today, Lord, that I might pass that along to my husband and children as we navigate this valley. And faith... faith for the journey.

No comments: