Saturday, June 5, 2010

Potato Chip Heaven

In honour of the World Cup being hosted in South Africa, Simba Chips is having a "Vote for Your Lekker Flavour" contest and introduced four new potato chip flavours. For those of you who know me, you know the first thing I love to do when visiting a new country is to check out the potato chip flavours. I'm not exactly new to South Africa, but I still get excited about new chip flavours. And without further ado, here they are:
  • Vetkoek and Polony (vetkoek is deep fried bread, polony is sort of like bologna)
  • Snoek and Atchar (snoek is fish, atchar is pickled mango chutney)
  • Walkie Talkie Chicken (the feet and heads of a chicken)
  • Masala Steak Gatsby (an Indian spiced steak sandwich)
For the record, it's a toss-up. I can't decide if I like the Masala Steak Gatsby or the Snoek and Atchar flavour better.

3 comments:

Nikita said...

Vetkoek and polony flavour! lol! I've never had vetkoek and polony together, but loooooooove both...have you had vetkoek? It's soooo sooo delicious...vetkoek+beef mince, vetkoek+cheese, vetkoek+apricot jam, vetkoek+syrup/honey, vetkoek+marmite...those are a few of my favourites ;)
I love our tomato sauce flavour, which you don't get in the UK! and I do miss it so! and tons of others too.

Anna said...

My gunstelinge vulsel is kerrieblokkies. Of maalvleis en kaas. Of 'n Dagwood. Ag... ek hou baie van al die vetkoek se vulsels!

Nikita said...

Ag ai, kyk hoe oulik raak sy! Kyk nou net daardie mooi Afrikaans! :) Jy laat my hart sommer warm klop as jy die Afrikaans so gooi! Hou so aan! Ja, maalvleis en kaas is heerlik daarop, maar maalvleis met 'n effe kerrie-smakie.