Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thoughts on Hot Water Bottles

I've been using my hot water bottle a lot lately, as it's winter here in South Africa and houses here are not heated, and I've realised a few things about hot water bottles:
  • If you touch a hot water bottle directly, it will burn you, but its radiant heat can warm up the coldest of persons
  • There's something comforting about a hot water bottle- like a soft, squishy hug.
  • You have to pay attention to it every day if you want to get the maximum benefit from it (i.e., refill it)
  • You have to stay close to it
And I realised, God is a little bit like a hot water bottle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo true!
Have a great day today!

Anonymous said...

Oh and I want you to know that I love you more than water (even the nice warm kind in said bottle in your post!), that I created my very own google account just to be able to make comments on yours--because your insight has always been so fresh and inspiring!!

Nikita said...

I do agree with mamforhim...!

Dimitri said...

Hi, I totally agree! I just moved down to Jo'burg and am looking for a place to buy one actually. Do you have any idea of places that might stock them? Many thanks..