Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 11 - Miracle

This is the third blossom that's appeared on my bauhinia tree.  Since it wasn't supposed to bloom for another year or two, each flower is precious and somewhat of a miracle.  I have taken a photo of each one because I'm excited.  I suppose that's a bit silly, as they all look the same, and yet they're not.  Each one is unique.

This morning I realised that's exactly how God sees each one of us - as precious miracles. I don't think He ever gets tired of marveling at our uniqueness.  I imagine He is excited forming each person in their mother's womb - "This one's going to grow up to play violin with passion.  This one has an amazing compassion for mankind.  That one over there - the one in Slovenia - I have great plans for him.  And the one who suffered trauma - I created him with great resilience and I will redeem that situation."

My prayer for all of us today is that we will believe that God loves us - no matter what we're facing at the moment - and wear that love like a beautiful blossom. 

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Oh, man. I needed to hear that today. Thanks, you!;)