Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Christ, Who is Your Life...

List night I found out that the woman for whom I was named died. I have never been overly fond of my name, but HER I loved. She was old; one can say she lived a good, long life. Yet she still leaves a hole where she once stood. I always made her soup; she always had spunk and a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

There has been so much death lately. Grandpa, Dimakatso, friends' parents, neighbours, etc. It is part of life, I suppose, and yet it is never "easy."

"Set your hearts on things above... for you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, WHO IS YOUR LIFE, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory." - Colossians 3:1, 3-4

Yesterday I had to scrub toilets. In my head, I complained. Today I think, "What are a few toilets? Did the people I met yesterday know that I saw them? Heard them? Loved them? Did I nurture the greatness inside them, leave behind the warmth of God's love?"

My life is about half over. I want this last half to be phenomenal, make the most of every opportunity, scrubbing toilets or not. "Christ, who is my life..." What an incredibly hopeful phrase, may it utterly consume me!

Jody from PEI - "See to it that you complete the work you have received in the Lord." For the rest of you: Take courage. Run the race set before you, and run it well.

No comments: