Thursday, April 17, 2008

Untitled

  • "The behaviour of Refilwe is good. But sometimes is sadly. When you ask her what happened she cries."
  • "Lebogang's mother passed away on the 12th of August, and the father went away and was never seen again after the funeral."
  • "Matete is stubborn and sometimes act strange after her mother died."
  • "Malebo has a short temper and cries easily."
  • "Prudence's parents died - one in an accident and one from the national death."
  • "Lonia is not understanding."
  • "Lives in a shack."
  • "Dead."
These are comments on some of the orphan profiles sitting on my desk this morning. My heart aches for each one. I have no words of wisdom, no profound thoughts today, no answers to all of the "why's" and "it's not fair's"- only this do I know: they are not forgotten in the sight of the Lord. He both knows and cares.

"The Lord is a God who knows..." - I Sam. 2:3
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." - I Peter 5:7

5 comments:

ROSIE said...

I wish I could hug them all. Thank God that He promised to be a Father to the fatherless, and to never forget the widow and the orphan.

Amy said...

I work with the Santa Cruz Cares group that raises funds to support AfNet's efforts in Southern Africa. I was wondering if I could use this post in some of our materials (letters, brochures) that we are putting together for a fund raiser in September? These quotes and your comments really show the reason that we are raising funds - to make a difference for these kids.
I am also coming to Africa this summer with a group of women from Twin Lakes Church to do a women's conference in Zambia. Perhaps we will have a chance to meet. I have so enjoyed reading your blog! It inspired me to start my own.

Anna said...

Yes, Amy, of course! By the way, I enjoyed checking out your blog; you are a good writer! Would love to meet you, will you pass through South Africa on your way to Zambia? - Annie

Amy said...

Annie,
Yes we will be staying with Johan and Christa for several days after our arrival on June 29th and then again before we depart on July 15th. Hope that we might have the chance to meet!
Amy
Aptos, CA

Anna said...

Then I shall see you for sure! Looking forward to it! Blessings to you, Amy! - Annie