Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Musical Ramblings

I wrote this song about a year ago, inspired by some ladies who have kids with special needs (you know who you are, you beautiful women!!). I was blessed to be in a prayer group with these ladies. I was playing this song tonight on the piano, and somehow, the words (written for something completely different) seemed fitting to my cultural struggles. It loses something without the music behind it, but I thought I'd print the lyrics for you anyway. It's where my heart is tonight.

The road is rough, the weight heavy,
I can't get it off my back
I've been fighting and screaming,
I'm splintered and bleeding,
Then Your scarred hand reaches down
and touches mine

And if I touched Your robe, You could heal me
If You just say the words, I could fly free
But You have chosen a different path, to make me more like You
So help me submit to the cross I have to bear
Please help me submit to the cross I have to bear

Lord, I will trust, I will draw near,
Though at times I don't understand
I desire to be refined, though lessons be painful
For I want to be gold that glorifies You

And if You touched my eyes, restored my vision
I could take up my mat and dance again
But You have chosen a different path to make me more like You
So help me submit to the cross I have to bear,
Please help me submit to the cross I have to bear

Where would I go, if not to You?
You alone fill my emptiness.
You're my Strength, my Love, my Song,
My reason for living
You lifted me up, gave me hope to carry on
I had nothing to give, but still You bid for me to come

2 comments:

4funboys said...

Angela... I found your blog from touring Julie's. Tell Ben Caden misses him... A LOT. Funny that I found your blog today, I was just thinking about Lucy because Colton is doing the Spelling bee tomorrow. Amazing song. Very humbling. You're all in our prays.
Rachel

Joyce E. Rempel said...

thank you for the timely reminder through the words of your song.