Friday, January 25, 2008

Potholes!


This is the road we have to drive on every day to get to work, to get home, and to take the kids to school. Remember how motels used to have those "Magic Fingers" beds, where you'd put a quarter in and the whole bed would vibrate, giving you a "massage"? As a kid I used to beg for a quarter so I could try out the "magic fingers." I wanted one so badly at my house, attached to MY bed... in my heart, I just knew I would have been the coolest kid in school!

Nowadays, "magic fingers" beds are a joke, and even if they weren't, they don't hold a candle to Dr. van der Merwe Drive! (just don't try to drink a cup of coffee in the car... I learned this the hard way... as usual).

2 comments:

ROSIE said...

We have one of these at the end of our horseshoe shaped gravel driveway, leaving the property...we pack it in with gravel, it rains, and overnight large potholes reappear. We vary between speed bumps and potholes, like your street...on my way to work on Tuesday, I absentmindedly sipped some coffee from my travel mug as I exited the drive on my way to work. I'm just glad I was wearing a brown sweater, because I ended up wearing most of the coffee. Oops. :)

I love you, sister!

Nikita said...

You seem to live/work/travel in a bad area if the road looks like this! those roads get no attention at all if it looks like this!