Friday, January 11, 2008

Wastebasket Woes



After being in this country for four months, I *still* can't find garbage bags that fit my dustbin (that's South African for "trash can"). Every time I go to the store, I am faced with the daunting task of having to choose between "trolley bin" liners, "swing bing" liners, "roller bin" liners, "vanity dustbin" liners, etc. etc. I thought we were the lucky owners of a "swing bin", but apparently, no. In fact, no matter which kind of liner I buy, it's inevitably too small. Maybe next time I'll try the "lawn and garden refuse" liners. Or just give up.

This, of course, leads me to other important philosophical questions such as: If there are 100 choices of dustbin liners, how come there are only two kinds of pancake syrup? Or only five flavours of ice cream (one of which contains raisins, so that one doesn't even count!)?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, Angela! I know what you mean all too well! It's been such a joy reading your thoughts, I can sympathize with the struggles and pray for extra doses of grace for you each day!
blessings><> Melanie Goodnow

Anonymous said...

Angela-I really enjoy reading your blog entries. I wish I could just send you the right bags and know you would receive them!!! Keep writing. Carol Crist

san said...

u can find at metro polis..