Saturday, March 28, 2009

On To More Serious Things...

"Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, 'O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves to you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if He does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.' " - Daniel 3:16-18

Even if He does not. Even if He does not do what I want Him to do, answer prayer the way I want Him to, respond in a way that makes sense to me (as if I'm smarter than God!)....

I will still believe in the Sovereignty of God. I will still put my faith in Him. I will still trust that His ways are better than my own. I will still believe.

May I - may WE - never waver in our faith in the God who holds the universe in His hands and calls the stars by name each night, yet also knows our name and loves us relentlessly.

No comments: