Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wait a Minute...I'm Not Ready for This

For twelve days I've been saying "hello" and reconnecting with family, friends and my home church. Today, after some more wonderful hellos I suddenly had to start with the "good-byes." It hit me by surprise. I guess I should have expected it, but I truly was caught off guard to instantly go from joyous reunions to bittersweet partings.

I have been slowly seeping back into my home culture, enjoying my three-year-old nephew, having coffee with my sister-in-law and brother, going out to dinner with mom and grandma, getting together with my prayer group, enjoying Mexican food, good coffee and the encouragement that can only come from people who have known me for a long time.

You might think that saying good-bye is easier the second time around but it's not.

No comments: