Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You Can Learn a Lot From the Phone Book

We have ants. They are in my cupboards, on my calendar, in my sink, everywhere. I can't figure out where they're coming in, or why our house is suddenly overrun by ants. I decided that it's time to call the exterminator, except... I couldn't find them in the yellow pages.

I looked under "exterminator", but there was nothing there. It went right from "Explosives" to "Fabric Bonding." I looked under "Insects", but again, the listing went from "Indoor Plants" to "Instruments - Industrial, Nuclear and Scientific." (I'm learning a lot about Pretoria from the yellow pages, but I still have ants...)

Finally I found what I was looking for under "Pest Control" (which fell between "Pearl and Bead Stringing" and "Pet Transporting"), and oh, was I impressed! Nearly all the pest control companies promised to rid my house of not only ants but bed bugs, fish moths, bats, beetles, and get this - safe and effective snake removal!

I would continue my praise of Pretoria Pest Control Companies, but there's an ant crawling up my leg and I need to make a phone call.

No comments: