Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Apples of Gold

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." - Proverbs 25:11

My bad day has been turning into a bad week. The power was out again yesterday, so we ended up eating crackers and liver spread for dinner. Then we discovered a leak in our roof (it was raining hard), and a new "water feature" appeared in our house, namely a small waterfall running down the walls of our scullery. And my son is still acting out in school.

So when I got to work yesterday morning, I was tired, I was grumpy, I was discouraged. I was on the verge of tears, but trying to remember to "give thanks in all circumstances." My team members - co-workers - all came around me and just prayed for me. It was unexpected, it was appreciated, and it was comforting. Then my dear friend, Tove, gave me a big hug and told me I was a good mom. I needed to hear that.

I am so thankful for my co-workers. We don't always get along perfectly. Sometimes we disagree. Sometimes we throw lemon meringue pies at each other. But we love each other, and we really do care for each other. That was a huge blessing to me yesterday, and gave me a surge of energy to keep going.

So.... let's pass it on, shall we? Let's look for people today that we can encourage, give them a hug, pray for them, give them a word of affirmation. You never know what a difference it might make in their lives.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." - Hebrews 10:23-24

No comments: