Friday, February 27, 2009

Leisure World

Yesterday I drove down to Leisure World, a retirement community in Seal Beach, California. I was scheduled to speak at a Bible Study at one of the churches there. We ended up being late because of a four-car traffic accident on I-5. Being late in Africa is okay, but not okay in the U.S., especially when you're the guest speaker. Anyway...

When we got to the gate at Leisure World, the guard asked, "Are you here for the clown meeting?" As far as I know, this is the first time in my life I've ever been asked that question. I was tempted to say yes. I was REALLY tempted to say yes. Instead I had to tell him I was there for the Bible Study in Clubhouse 3.

I love the folks at Leisure World. They're so fun! I learn more about faith and life when I am with them, and I think I laugh more with them, too. They are truly wonderful.

I enjoyed every minute of my time at Leisure World but next time (I can't help it; I'm curious) I'm going to the clown meeting.

No comments: